With the unpredictability of this year so far, marketers have had to make some tough decisions on how marketing dollars are being spent, and how to prioritize channels that will sustain their business in this climate. With the challenges of scaled back budgets, it is critical to not neglect an important piece of the equation which is maximizing on better conversion rates.
A well-designed and targeted landing page lies at the heart of every effective digital marketing campaign. Good landing pages help you to deliver the right message to the right segment of your market, which helps to drive your conversion rates.
As a marketing professional, your focus is on developing your customer personas, developing brand equity, acquiring new customers, and creating and tweaking your sales funnel. Driving traffic to your website is just the first stage of your efforts. To convert targeted leads, you need to abandon the generic landing page format and embrace innovative, sleek, and modern landing pages.
The great news is that you don’t need to learn coding to create these landing pages for your campaigns. You can generate the best landing pages by using state-of-the-art tools that help you target particular consumers’ needs and aspirations.
Before we look at some of the available tools in the marketplace, lets look at the following commonly used testing types.
This type of test is useful for isolating and testing one element of the page at a time
- Compares two different versions of a webpage or app against each other.
- Tests two or more variants of a page.
Useful for optimizing multiple aspects of a landing page
- Tests two or more elements simultaneously to see which combination creates the best outcome.
- Identifies the most effective variant of each element and analyzes the interactions between those elements.
Now let’s look at 8 landing page builder tools that will help you to create and run successful campaigns. Some of these tools are more comprehensive in their offerings, but all have a landing page builder feature within its portfolio of offerings:
Optimizely is an A/B testing tool and a great entry-level product in terms of cost. It’s also easy to use. You don’t need to be a developer, as its visual editor allows you to create landing pages with zero coding required.
Furthermore, the testing interface is designed to be intuitive and user-friendly. It offers a complete set of digital experience optimization technologies which are driven by AI-powered personalization and experimentation.
- The dashboard provides effortless editing and facilitates A/B testing.
- The data display makes it easy to compare your campaign goals.
- A feature-rich, user-friendly interface.
- It provides slow updates for any saved changes.
- Preview mode has been reported to have some bugs in the recent months.
2. Crazy Egg
Crazy Egg is an intuitive landing page test development tool which uses heat map visualization. The heatmap feature allow you to discover and explore the patterns in how your website’s visitors interact with different elements on your landing pages by tracking mouse clicks within your landing page.
- It removes the guesswork, as data-driven decisions can be taken to enhance performance.
- Highlights popular areas of your website and indicates whether your leads are clicking on the intended CTA’s and easily flowing along your sales funnel.
- There’s the potential for greater automation.
- A/B testing on some devices can be a bit difficult to administer.
- Although a trial is provided, there is no free or monthly billing option (sign up is for a year). A comparable heatmap competitor, Hot Jar, provides a monthly option.
Instapage provides a wide range of purpose-built templates that you can choose from to create your landing page. This landing page tool is a smart one, as it learns from the behavior patterns of visitors to your website. This feature is what makes Instapage unique among all the other landing page tools.
You’ll also benefit from real-time analytical data that will help you to evaluate how well your landing page performs in split tests. Instapage also supports tracking and analyses for different types of conversions within your marketing campaign.
- Fast landing page creation and a good range of intuitive, customizable templates.
- Great tools, well organized, and a good drag-and-drop editor.
- Perfect for beginners and experts alike.
- It provides no popup options.
- If utilizing its webhook applications and integrations, be aware that there have been some issues in providing customers sufficient notice of changes when making updates.
- A/B testing is not available in the basic package and it offers less flexibility.
Leadpages is a landing page builder that helps you create high-converting landing pages and drive your sales volume. It has a powerful editor, integrated tools, and templates, all designed to improve your landing page performance and optimize it for your desired results.
- Ideal to use when you need landing pages in multiple domains.
- Pages can be setup relatively quickly with their drag and drop elements.
- Free WordPress Plugin available.
- Limited customization in free template options.
- Sometimes landing pages show lags while loading.
- Analytics lacking in detail compared to other toolsets.
Unbounce is a landng page builder that helps you to get more leads, customers, and sales via its customized and goal-driven landing pages. You can choose from templates designed to give you optimized results so you can get the most out of your landing pages.
- A wide variety of easy-to-use template options with flexible editing.
- Dynamic text replacement (DTR) to switch landing page keywords according to a user’s search query.
- Access to metrics so you can perform experiments.
- Great testing options and convertible popups available.
- Sometimes it provides poor uptime (or operational) performance.
- Expensive vs other toolsets and not suitable for testing entrants.
HubSpot offers a full platform of marketing, sales, customer service, and CRM software and support. HubSpot is one of the most popular inbound marketing software tools which houses a landing page builder folded into its offering.
- Flexible and easy landing page builder.
- Easy to track potential customers.
- All-in-one software that goes beyond landing page building.
- Expertise in using HubSpot marketing software is required.
- Only HubSpot customers can use the tool.
- Limited features are available in the basic plan.
7. Google Optimize
Google Optimize, a select tool that Path Interactive uses, gives you the ability to test and deliver the best digital experience to your customers. Its A/B testing and personalization platform are useful in driving your conversion rates and user satisfaction levels. It also works with natively integrated Google Analytics. Google Optimize is free, but it has a more robust version in Optimize 360. Find out the differences between Optimize vs. Optimize 360.
- Seamless integration with Google Analytics.
- Provides preview and good testing options.
- Plug-and-play software with good visual data.
- Higher level of difficulty for beginners to set testing parameters and redirects.
- Does not report on real time data.