Olivier Blanchard’s The Brandbuilder Blog is a consistent source of great articles on social media marketing. Blanchard favors detailed exploration of issues surrounding social media. Recent articles The 5 basic rules of calculating the value of a Facebook ‘fan’ and The petty tyrannies of social media illustrate the breadth of topics covered on The Brandbuilder.
This summary of Hubspot’s 2011 Hubspot’s “State of Inbound Marketing” report (PDF) highlights the importance of social media to both B2B and B2C brands, and how social media is replacing traditional channels as a means of lead generation.
Clearly, LinkedIn and company blogs still have more pull in B2B than the more B2C friendly Facebook and Twitter. That being said, customer acquisition numbers are strong in both B2B and B2C for all four channels mentioned above. Just because some channels work better than others doesn’t mean you shouldn’t also use others.
- Reading: 14 Best Practices for Brands to Grow their Audiences in Social Media
- Reading: What is the ROI of Walmart’s Facebook page? A lot by many measures
- Is Social Media Marketing Really as Big a Deal as It Is Made Out To Be?
- NYC Social Media Course – New York University
- Social Media: It’s Where the People Are