Excellent post from Brian Solis on the challenges facing businesses seeking to succeed in the social space, and 14 ways to overcome them.
Businesses are realizing the importance of establishing a presence on Twitter and other vibrant social networks. In many ways, hosting a branded account is now common practice, a required extension to the push channels created through email, traditional marketing and web sites. What businesses are still learning however is that creating a channel, hosting a channel worth following, and building a loyal audience is a far greater challenge and overall investment than initially anticipated. At the same time, the realization that a shift from a push mentality to that of two-way interaction is nothing less than disruptive to the operation of business as usual.
- Digital Week in Review: Why Facebook Questions is Good for Brands and Businesses
- Best Practices Email Marketing Design Templates
- Path Interactive To Participate In Columbia’s Social Media Weekend
- How a New York City Wine Networking Group Grew Utilizing Social Media
- Path Interactive to take part in Social Media Conference in New York