Link building is one of the hardest aspects when it comes to optimizing a website and it is extremely crucial in a campaigns success.
Professionals Chris Bennet, President of 97th floor, Arnie Kuenn, Verticle Measures, LLC, Debra Mastaler, President, Alliance-Link, Roger Montti, Founder of MartiniBuster.com and Gil Reich, VP of Product Management. shared their tips and stories of how to obtain hard-to-get links.
Roger Montti, Founder, MartiniBuster.com
Arnie Kuenn gave some excellent strategies on targeted link building:
- Target Searching – target sites that link to relevant resources
- Backlink Trolling – checking competitors back links and narrowing down the list to .gov’s and .edu’s.
- Association Membership – join relevant niche associations which you might be able to obtain a link from
- Paid Links – paid links in general are risky and when obtaining the link other sites that are also linked should be taken into consideration.
Arnie Kuenn, President, Verticle Measures, LLC – Targeted Links
- Broken Link Solicitation – Find a site you would like to obtain a link from and do a broken link checker. If the site has any broken links reach out to the webmaster and get them to link to you.
- Free Links – building a relationship with other blogs and sites
Chris Bennet, President of 97th Floor – Info Graphics and Virals
Chris Bennet gives great tips in infographics and viral techniques:
- Chris states that what makes a good graphic is one with a lot of data, aesthetically pleasing and contains complex ideas.
- Digg has a recent redesign which makes posting commercials more friendly, however – digg traffic gives you 1/4 of what the old digg use to give you
Gil Riech, VP of Product Management, Answers.com
Gil gives tips on how you can get visibility on answers.
- Make your message “this guy rocks”
- Write on sites that want good content and deliver an audience
- Find a niche in the community you’re aiming to target
Debra Mastaler, President, Alliance – Link
Debra Mastaler gives some excellent strategies on link building
- Debra states it’s what you do with link building but more about where you do it.
- Common elements that businesses should aim to be placed are news, video, wikipedia, local, brand, images
- Video tutorials and how to content does very well in terms of ranking in search engines